Welcome To The Musculoskeletal Tissues Courses
You may wish to print out these instructions if you do not already have the instructions from another source.
1. If you are a new user, then you must click on Create New Account button to register for an account. Otherwise Log On using your email and password that you have already created.
2. Complete the new user account fields then click the Next button.
Registering for a Course
1. Click the Catalog tab to see all of the course offerings that are currently available.
2. Add courses to your Shopping Cart by clicking the Add button for each course.
3. Purchase your selected courses by clicking the Proceed to Checkout button.
Taking a Course
1. Click the Home tab. The courses you have purchased will be listed in the My Courses view at the base of the page. Select a course to begin by clicking the course name.
2. Begin the course by clicking the name of the first displayed element.
3. Each of the musculoskeletal tissues courses offered by the University of North Carolina Physical Therapy program is structured in the same manner. The course will have several elements and these must be completed in sequence from top to bottom. A yellow arrow will point to the element that is scheduled for completion during your involvement in the course.
4. Some of the elements will have the syllabus for the course, including the reference list for course content, and the Power Point notes for the Lesson. These files can be saved and printed when you access them. They are in picture format (.tif file format), however, and cannot be edited. To save the file, you may have to open the file first in Microsoft Office software after you have clicked on the element and are viewing the .tif file. Click the X at the top right hand corner of the file to close the file and continue with the next element for the course.
5. The Lesson for each course is a video which you will play (.mov file format). The video can be paused and you can drag the curser backwards to repeat content. You can also drag the cursor forward up to the farthest forward point in the video that you have already viewed. You cannot, however, fast forward or jump ahead into previously unviewed content while watching the video. After you complete your viewing of the video click on the Continue Course button at the bottom of the viewing window to close the video and continue with the course.
6. The only other element in each course is a test which must be passed to complete the course. You will receive feedback if you miss a test question. If you do not receive a passing grade for the test you will have to re-take the test prior to completing the course and receiving a certificate of completion. You will have an unlimited number of opportunities to pass the test. You may wish to take notes about a question when you are notified that you have missed the question so that you can then review material from the Power Point notes or the video prior to retaking the test.
7. You will have 1 year to complete the course once you have registered for the course. You will be able to “revisit”, or review, content for the course for 30 days following completion of the course. Beyond this 30 day period, the only way to view content for the course would be to register for the course again.
8. Click on the “Gradebook” tab after you have finished all course content and successfully passed the test.
a. Click “View Grades” to see your test score and to revisit any of the course elements.
b. Click “Receipt” to access your receipt for the course
c. Click “View Certificate” to access and print your certificate